Like everything else in your daily life, your skin and the management of it is important business.
Every time you scroll through Facebook or Insta, timelines are saturated with the latest hero product or a new skincare brand marketing their offering. With so much info available online it can be hard to separate the must-have products from the passing trends.
Check out some of our key tips to remember below.
- Know your type. Whether you have oily, sensitive or combination skin, this will be your guide in choosing a skincare regime and should influence your skincare purchases. Stick to products that are marketed to your skin type and steer clear of what’s not going to suit you. For example, facial oils on oily skin are a big no no.
- Remember to drink your water daily. Water is the holy grail of skincare as it is well known we hydrate from the inside out. Water can prevent telling signs of aging, slow the appearance of soft lines and wrinkles and is important in maintaining skin’s elasticity. No brainer really!
- Moisturize and cleanse morning and night. Whatever your routine, always apply to the neck too, this includes SPF.
- Be gentle with your skin, Avoid products that contain alcohol and/or perfume as they can be harsh to skin. Aim for moisturizers containing natural oils.
- Exfoliating can be great to purify pores and boost collagen production but can be rough so remember to limit this to once a week/fortnight where possible.
- Know your routine and stick to it. Changing your skincare regime or always introducing new products is probably going to cause a reaction/breakout so remember to be consistent with your skincare and not experiment too much.
Here at Suds Johnson, we can’t say we produce a fancy skincare line with all the ingredients you read about in Vogue Magazine, but we do have 2 class moisturiser bars that are full of the good stuff and gentle to sensitive skin.
Check out our lotion bars Herbal Healer and Plain Jane here: